Monday, January 26, 2015

Play It Again Sam

Tired and Blue - Up Since Midnight

Current audiobook project:
The Wanderer Section One (The Godsend Series)

Previous audiobook project:
Rise of the Supreme

done Section One CHAPTER TWO - again :)

I got 3 reviews complaining of "choppiness" in CHAPTER TWO. So I modified the "Truncate Silence" plugin. I set the max silence to 1.5 seconds and the silence compress ratio to 1.8:1. Previously it was 3 seconds and 1:1, depending entirely on me manually editing each section of silence.

I had a couple of people listen to it at a more middle ground setting. One said the "choppiness" is no longer a distraction. That was the 2nd time she listened to it. The other person listened to it for the first time and said "the silence is distracting" but he also said he may be overly critical because he was "looking for problems".

Because of the review of the 2nd person, I went ahead and tweaked it further to the settings I mentioned.

The overall time of the mp3 went from 3:25 to 2:36.

In other news, I think I finally pinpointed the persistent source of the upload errors. My filtering router, "The Clean Router", was somehow causing it. I can get around it by excluding my computer's MAC address from filtering. I also put in a support ticket with the router manufacturer.

Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is Charles Weldon Witt. Thank you for commenting on my blog.