Monday, January 5, 2015

A job to pay the bills, and a job that makes me happy!

Once upon a time
Finished Section One Chapter One today. It is from my current audiobook project The Wanderer Section One (The Godsend Series). The author is kind enough to trust me with all three books in the series Section One, Section Two, and Section Three! The author is Timothious Clayton Smith!
There was one F word in the chapter. I traded that word out for "damn". We shall see if the author gets upset about me doing that little trade?.
I think I nailed that chapter! I also nailed the Introduction chapter before it! However, let's see if the author agrees with my assessment. :-)
In other news, I've earned nearly one whole dollar in royalties from my audio book that I finished a few months ago! The caveat is, that royalty came from my purchase of the audiobook. So far I am the only one who bought it. :-) That book is Rise Of The Supreme by Lonzo Lucas Jr! https://mobile.audible.com/pd/Teens/Rise-of-the-Supreme-Audiobook/B00PCK9QHG?s=s
I am producer / narrator of these books!
I am narrator of a reference book on CPR and First Aid! You can find it if you search for Charles Witt as a narrator on Amazon or Audible. I did not make a dime on that book, so far. Producer was supposed to pay me per finished hour, so no royalties will be coming my way, sadly! :-) The producer of that book so far pays me no attention when I request payment from him. My payment should be about $70 for narration services.
That is 70 dollars well spent though! That inspired me to become a producer / narrator and go for the 50% of the royalties. I suppose, for now, :-) I have joined the ranks of broke artists everywhere! Disclaimer: I have a job that pays my bills. Praise God! I'm not kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is Charles Weldon Witt. Thank you for commenting on my blog.